.....Please Follow Me.....

Minggu, 15 Juni 2014

Medali European Architectural Heritage Year 1975



St Mary's Abbey, Melrose is a part ruined monastery of the Cistercian order in Melrose, Roxburghshire, in the Scottish Borders.
It was founded in 1136 by Cistercian monks on the request of King David I of Scotland, and was the chief house of that order in the country, until the Reformation. It was headed by the Abbot or Commendator of Melrose. Today the abbey is maintained by Historic Scotland.
The east end of the abbey was completed in 1146. Other buildings in the complex were added over the next 50 years. The abbey was built in the Gothic manner, and in the form of a St. MJohn's cross. A considerable portion of the abbey is now in ruins, though a structure dating from 1590 is maintained as a museum open to the public.
Alexander II and other Scottish kings and nobles are buried at the abbey. The embalmed heart of Robert the Bruce is also said to rest on the abbey's grounds, while the rest of his body is buried in Dunfermline Abbey. In 1812, a stone coffin that some speculated was that of Michael Scot, the philosopher and "wizard", was found in an aisle in the abbey's south chancel.
The abbey is known for its many carved decorative details, including likenesses of saints, dragons, gargoyles and plants. On one of the abbey's stairways is an inscription by John Morow, a master mason, which says Be halde to ye hende ("Keep in mind, the end, your salvation"). This has become the motto of the town of Melrose.


Stonehenge merupakan sebuah monumen batu peninggalan manusia purba pada zaman Perunggu dan Neolithikum yang terletak berdekatan dengan Amesbury sekitar 13 kilometer (8 batu) barat laut Salisbury Plain, Propinsi Wilshire, Inggris.
Stonehenge sendiri terdiri dari tiga puluh batu tegak (sarsens) dengan ukuran yang sangat besar (masing-masing batu pada mulanya seragam tingginya, yaitu 10 meter dengan masing-masing batu mempunyai berat 26 ton), semua batu tegak tersebut disusun dengan bentuk tegak melingkar yang dikenal sebagai megalithikum.


Hampton Court Palace is a royal palace in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, Greater London, in the historic county of Middlesex, and within the postal town East Molesey, Surrey; it has not been inhabited by the British Royal Family since the 18th century. The palace is 11.7 miles (18.8 kilometres) south west of Charing Cross and upstream of central London on the River Thames. It was originally built for Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, a favourite of King Henry VIII, circa 1514; in 1529, as Wolsey fell from favour, the palace was passed to the King, who enlarged it.
The following century, King William III's massive rebuilding and expansion project intended to rival Versailles was begun.[1] Work halted in 1694, leaving the palace in two distinct contrasting architectural styles, domestic Tudor and Baroque. While the palace's styles are an accident of fate, a unity exists due to the use of pink bricks and a symmetrical, if vague, balancing of successive low wings.[2]
Along with St. James's Palace, it is one of only two surviving palaces out of the many owned by King Henry VIII.
Today, the palace is open to the public, and is a major tourist attraction, easily reached by train from Waterloo Station in central London and served by Hampton Court railway station in East Molesey, in Transport for London's Zone 6. The palace is cared for by an independent charity, Historic Royal Palaces, which receives no funding from the Government or the Crown.[3]
Apart from the Palace itself and its gardens, other points of interest for visitors include the celebrated maze, the historic real tennis court (see below) and the huge grape vine, claimed to be the largest in the world.


Berney Arms is a place on the north bank of the River Yare, close to Breydon Water in the English county of Norfolk. It is part of the civil parish of Reedham, is in the district of Broadland and lies within The Broads. It comprises a railway station, a windmill, a public house and a farmhouse. It is the only place in mainland England to have National Rail railway access but no public road.[

Berney Arms takes its name from the pub, The Berney Arms, which is situated nearby and serves walkers and boaters who pass through the area.The pub is named after the landowner Thomas Trench Berney and gave its name to the railway station. Berney sold the land on which the railway was built only on the condition that a station was built to serve the area.

Berney Arms Windmill was built in 1865 and is the tallest windmill in Norfolk at 21.5 metres (71 ft) tall. The mill, which was used to grind cement clinker and then as a drainage mill, closed in 1948 and is now a Scheduled Ancient Monument in the care of English Heritage.The mill was restored in the early 20th century. The mill was the centre of the Reedham Cement Works which at one point supported a small settlement of 11 inhabited houses and a chapel.

Caernarfon Castle (Welsh: Castell Caernarfon) is a medieval fortress in Caernarfon, Gwynedd, north-west Wales cared for by Cadw, the Welsh Government's historic environment service. There was a motte-and-bailey castle in the town of Caernarfon from the late 11th century until 1283 when King Edward I of England began replacing it with the current stone structure. The Edwardian town and castle acted as the administrative centre of north Wales and as a result the defences were built on a grand scale. There was a deliberate link with Caernarfon's Roman past – nearby is the Roman fort of Segontium – and the castle's walls are reminiscent of the Walls of Constantinople.

  • Medali European Architectural Heritage Year 1975 made in England.
  • Medali dalam kondisi baik + box dalam kondisi bagus.
  • 1 Set medali terdiri dari 5 keping (Melrose Abbey, Stone henge, Castell Caernarforn, Hompton court palace, Berney arms norfolk)
Keterangan : TERJUAL/SOLD
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...